Millions in the Morning...That's what you get when you tune in toFinancial Voices on WURD Radio 900 AM FINANCIAL VOICES WILL AIR 9AM –10AM!THIS THURSDAY February 6, 2013Topic: How might the the fiscal cliff deal affect small businesses?Special Guest: Sharon Ward, Pennsylvania Budget and Policy CenterTitle: Executive Director Sharon Ward's Major Accomplishments
- Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center (PBPC).
- BA from the State University of New York at Albany
- MS in Political Science with a concentration in statistics and methodology at the Rockefeller Institute of Public Policy.
- 1989 elected with a slate of reform candidates to the Albany City Council, where she served for eight years, and chaired the Finance and Environmental Committees.
- Worked as an advocate on behalf of children, consumers, and the environment for more than 20 years.
- She was the Director for Advocacy and Child Care Policy at Public Citizens for Children and Youth.
- Advocate for the New York Public Interest Research Group and Citizen Action of New York.
- Authored numerous reports and policy briefs and regularly delivers testimony on policy matters to legislative committees.
- Sharon also has worked with various coalitions to advocate for health care and education reforms, to support a fair and equitable tax system, and to advance policies to reduce poverty.